Pineapple-Mint Ginger Sundaes
- 23 Jul 2020
- No Comments
• 1 ¼ cups Del Monte® Crushed Pineapple in Juice, divided
• 2 to 3 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp minced candied ginger
• 6 large mint leaves
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 2 cups Del Monte® Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple Chunks, drained
• Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
• Mint leaves (optional)
1) In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup Del Monte® Sliced Pineapple in Juice, sugar, ginger, and 6 mint leaves. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove and discard mint leaves.
2) In small bowl, stir together remaining ¼ cup Del Monte® Pineapple in Juice and cornstarch. Stir into pineapple-ginger mixture. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple; cool, then chill.
3) To make sundaes, scoop ice cream into parfait or sundae glasses. Spoon sauce over ice cream and garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired.