Grilled Tuna Burgers with Pineapple-Mango Salsa
- 1/2 Del Monte® Avocado, pitted and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Del Monte® Pineapple, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 Del Monte® Mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼” dice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice from Del Monte® Limes
- 4 (6 oz.) tuna steaks
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. fine sea salt, divided
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tbsp. prepared wasabi paste (optional)
- 1 Del Monte® Vine Ripe Tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. In a medium bowl stir to combine mango, pineapple, avocado, lime juice, habanero, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
2. Prepare a hot charcoal grill fire or preheat a gas grill on high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle tuna steaks with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill tuna steaks, turning once, until browned on both sides but still pink in the middle, 2-3 minutes per side.
4. If using wasabi paste, in a small bowl stir to combine mayonnaise and wasabi.
5. Spread both sides of each burger bun with mayonnaise. Top bottom of each bun with 2 lettuce leaves and a tomato slice. 6. Place a tuna steak on each. Top with a big spoonful of pineapple-mango salsa, and finish with top half of buns.