BBQ Chicken Bowls With Honeyglow® Pineapple Slaw
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 cups Del Monte® Honeyglow® Pineapple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Prepared Barbecue Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 4 cups Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 - 2 Jalapeño Peppers, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Coarsely Chopped Cilantro
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
2. Place chicken thighs on sheet pan and brush liberally all over with barbecue sauce.
3. Bake chicken until the internal temperature reaches 175℉, about 25 minutes.
4. While chicken cooks, prepare the quinoa. In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt, and 2¼ cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer very gently for 12 minutes. Take off the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. While the quinoa cooks, make the slaw. In a large bowl toss to combine cabbage, pineapple, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.